Read to Lead
When was the last time you read a book, or a substantial magazine article? Or you are one of those whose daily reading habits center around tweets, Facebook updates and gossip columns? I know many people complain they don’t have time to read but if you want to develop yourself, if you want to become a better person, you have no choice but to make reading a daily routine. All you need is 20 minutes every day and if in 20 minutes you can read 10 pages, that means in 20 days you’ll have finished a 200 page book, just by reading 20 minutes a day, which means you can read 3 books in 2 months.
What are the benefits of reading a good book?
1. It stimulates your mind
2. A good book is a great stress reliever
3. A good book provides a wealth of information; as they say, information is power
4. It expands your vocabulary
5. Helps improve your memory
6. Causes your thinking juices to flow
7. Improves Focus and Concentration
8. Provides a basis for better writing skills
9. Helps you cultivate the discipline of focus and concentration
10. Creates tranquility (especially if you read paper-books and not e-books). Create time to read at least one book per month, even if it means the only time you have to read is while finishing your business in the toilet (I do that all the time). Cultivate the discipline of reading.
Like Alan Bennett said, "A book is a device to ignite the imagination." Lastly, if you have the intentions of ever becoming a leader some day, then you must start being a reader today. Today a Reader tomorrow a Leader.