A For Avoid
A For Avoid
I have never in my life thought I would see a day when I would be told to avoid HUGGING or SHAKING people’s hands. If you know me then you must know how much of a hugger and a greeter I am. I can do without the crowds any time of day since am not a fun of crowds anyway, but the restriction to avoid hugs and handshakes, that one is really getting to me.
Thinking about it now I realize how much we have been taking many things in our lives for granted. It is not until such simple privileges are taken away from you that you realize their importance.
Speaking of Avoid, I looked up the word from the web and found this interesting definition: keep away from or stop oneself from doing (something). In other words, avoid is an act you do intentionally! Whilst avoiding hugs, greetings, crowds and touching our faces is for my own and your good as well, there are a few other things I would like to suggest we avoid during this unprecedented times:
- Watching TV, series or movies the whole day.
- Picking unhealthy stuff to eat every time you go to the kitchen.
- Feeding your mind with too much COVID-19 information to the point that you can give by the minute statistics of which country has the highest number of infections/deaths.
- If you are a student this is not the time to avoid books! Study the same way you were doing while in school, if not more because you will have a lot of catching up to do when you get back to school.
- Panicking unnecessarily.
- Listening to negative people.
- …. ..etc.
I am sure of you think about your life right now you will have a few other things to add to that list. Take some time to write up your own list of things to avoid during this time and genuinely work towards avoiding them.
By the way, remember yesterday I promised you a new surprise? Well here it is https://anchor.fm/liz-wachuka. You can listen to my first ever podcast here. Listen to it and share with others too, and don’t miss the next one later today.
Be ignited. Be inspired. Be influenced. Use this time to become the best version of yourself you can ever be.